Back to Welding Principles & Applications, 8th Ed.
Product code: DMLWPA8
Welding: Principles and Applications, 8th edition, Text
By: Larry Jeffus
This proven guide provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to complete AWS SENSE Level I and Level II programs, create Workmanship Qualification Specimens, and earn professional certification. Advancing rapidly from basic concepts and processes to today’s most complex, cutting-edge welding technologies and practices, this comprehensive text features valuable information on topics such as welding metallurgy, metal fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, job costing, and environmental and conservation tips. The author opens each section by introducing students to the materials, equipment, setup procedures, and critical safety information they need to execute a specific process successfully, while subsequent chapters focus on individual welding tasks leading to SENSE certification. Now with MindTap for Welding, complete with simulation and up-to-date welding videos.
Features and Benefits
· Focus on welder certification based on the widely recognized Schools Excelling through National Skills Education (SENSE) Level I and Level II standards published by the American Welding Society.
· Includes all of the material and information needed to certify your students using the low-cost, in-house, easily managed, globally recognized AWS SENSE Welder Certification Program.
· Drawing on four decades of welding and teaching experience, the author provides a wealth of practical tips and real-world examples, including "success stories" that profile real-life welders, as well chapter-ending features that showcase real applications of key principles to maintain students’ interest and bridge the gap between theory and practice.
· Explains current welding technologies and practices, as well as providing a solid foundation in key topics such as welding metallurgy, metal fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, and job costing, enabling students to prepare for success as they enter the dynamic field of modern welding.
· A robust study guide and lab manual to help students to gain hands-on welding practice, as well as PowerPoint® presentations containing all chapter art and additional graphics and photographs to illustrate important concepts.
· Includes hundreds of new and updated photos and illustrations in this already visual material, with an emphasis on close-up views of various welds to engage students and help master essential welding processes with greater speed and confidence.
· The Eighth Edition features additional material on plasma arc cutting and gouging to reflect the growing prominence of these processes in the welding industry, as well as new information on FCAW and GMAW.
· The author has added several new chapters dedicated to key areas of AWS SENSE Certification, including shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc and flux cored arc welding, and gas tungsten arc welding plate and pipe.